Wind turbines convert the energy in wind into mechanical power; the mechanical power is then used to run a generator that produces electricity. Because wind is an abundant and limitless natural resource, wind power is an economical, sustainable and clean solution for your business’ energy needs.
Wind farms – the placement of multiple wind turbines in a single location to produce a larger amount of energy – are becoming increasingly more common as a means to supply power to companies of all sizes. Many businesses, farms and manufacturing companies are now using wind power technology to lower their energy costs, along with many other added bonuses.
How wind energy benefits your business
- Wind turbines (used to convert power to electricity) typically lower electricity costs by 50-90%.
- Wind energy is the lowest-priced renewable energy, costing between
four to six-cents per kilowatt-hour (kwh).
- Wind is a clean energy and doesn’t pollute the air with harmful emissions.
- Wind is a free, domestic energy resource and is unaffected by foreign energy prices
- Rebates and incentives are available. (offers may vary by region and/or state)
Long-term benefits of increasing wind energy production and usage 20% by the year 2030
- The emission of 7,6000 millions tons of carbon dioxide would be avoided.
- Water consumption would be reduced by 8% or four trillion gallons in the electric sector
- Demand for natural gas would be lower and the price reduced by 12%, thereby saving consumers $130 billion
- An increase in domestic wind energy production would create 30,000 manufacturing jobs in the U.S.