Your furnace or boiler is what you depend on to keep your home warm and your family comfortable. All heating systems are fueled by heating oil, propane, natural gas or electricity. Our team is here to help keep your family happy whether you’re in need of a repair, routine maintenance, or a new installation. There are various energy efficient technologies available today to improve your home heating system. Our equipment specialist are available to answer any questions you may have and can review your options with you to find what best fits the needs of your home and your budget.
A furnace creates warm air and distributes the hot air through the home using ducts.
A boiler actually heats the water from your home and then provides you with either hot water or steam. Hot water can be distributed through baseboard radiator, radiant floor systems, or the hot water can heat air with a coil. Steam is distributed through pipes to the steam radiators. In most cases a steam boiler operates at higher temperatures that a hot water boiler and can be essentially less efficient. However, with new technology today there are high-efficiency versions on all makes and models of furnaces or boilers available.
Furnaces and boilers today are designed to provide the best energy efficiency and the most cost savings compared to models from 15 or more years ago. If your heating system is more than 15 years old, or running at 80% efficiency, it may be time to look into updated your furnace or boiler. There are many variables to consider when replacing your furnace or boiler. Allow one of our Equipment Consultant provide a FREE cost analysis today.
Our team can consult with you on all the energy types to compare which fuel and system will work best for you and your budget. We install and service many models and can also provide you with the propane, Ultra-Bioheat®, natural gas or electricity you need for it to run.
When it comes to keeping your family comfortable and healthy, you can trust our Worley & Obetz team of certified technicians to repair and provide maintenance on your furnace or boiler. With 24/7 emergency service available, our team can keep you comfortable no matter how you heat your home. We service and repair all makes and models of oil and gas furnaces or boilers, heat pumps, humidifiers, air filters, geothermal systems and more.
We have technicians that are NORA and NATE certified.
1. Change batteries! Make sure to change the batteries on your carbon monoxide alarms, smoke detectors and thermostat. Also make sure to set your thermostat to the heating mode.
2. Start your furnace before you need it! It is human nature to wait, but it is important to make sure your heating system is running properly before the cold weather arrives. Take a few minutes today and turn on your system so you will be ready for the cold weather. If you have a problem, give us a call and get it fixed early.
3. Check filters! Before starting your furnace, it’s a good idea to check your filter. Clean filters help your furnace operate at its’ peak efficiency.
4. Stay on a regular maintenance program! A regular maintenance program is recommended for both the safe and efficient operation of your furnace. A properly maintained heating system works more efficiently, and reduces your energy usage. Remember, even if you have a new furnace, you need to have it maintained annually to keep within the guidelines of the warranty.
5. Do not cover your air conditioning unit! It is not recommended to completely cover your air conditioning unit. This could create condensation, which corrodes parts. However, you can cover the top of the unit with a board to prevent leaves and debris from getting into the unit. Make sure you remember to remove before spring arrives.
6. Do not turn your thermostat down too far! Turning down your thermostat too far could result in more energy being utilized to reheat the house. This could accumulate to the money you thought you would be saving.
7. Is it time to replace your heating system? If your furnace or boiler is 15 years or older, consider your options to upgrade to a more energy efficient heating system. We are happy to provide a free in home consultation to evaluate your heating system. Call us today at 800.697.6891!